Flies are insects that belong to the order Diptera and are characterized by having only one pair of wings. Flies play an important ecological role in nature as pollinators and providing food sources for other animals. However, fly control is warranted when flies infest in and around properties.
A fly infestation can be harmful to humans in a number of ways, including:
- Flies can transmit many different diseases to people, including diseases associated with food poisoning like Salmonella or E. coli. Other diseases that flies are known to spread include typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery and rotavirus.
- A fly infestation can result in financial losses for businesses by contaminating food products. The presence of flies can give customers the impression that a commercial property is unsanitary.
- Some fly species (mosquitoes, deer flies, etc.) will bite humans which will result in itchy bumps.
If a small fly problem is left uncontrolled, it has the potential to turn into a serious infestation. Some fly species are able to mature from eggs to adults in just seven days. As your local fly control experts in pest control, A&S technicians have extensive experience treating fly infestations.
Proper identification of the species of fly is very important so that the breeding site(s) can be located and your fly problem fixed for good. A&S Pest Control’s treatment programs are directed at both the larval and adult flies to achieve effective and efficient control.
A&S technicians will employ a range of fly control treatment methods, including but not limited to:
- Insect Light Traps
- Fly exclusion treatments
- Liquid applications
- Fly baits
- Instituting improved sanitation
- Removing decaying vegetation
Need Help Fast?
Call A&S Pest Control today to schedule your free fly inspection. We’ll come to your home quickly – usually the same day and often within hours. Our regular maintenance program is guaranteed to protect your home from the presence of flies all year long.